There are many job titles for you to explore under the following groups. Click on a group's underlined link to get that list of job titles. (These are not job openings or job ads.)
- Clerical job duties vary depending upon the business, and may include answering telephones, filing, typing, using personal computers, or light bookkeeping. Clerical jobs include occupations such as clerks, secretaries, and receptionists.
- Construction and Repair
- This section combines a variety of construction and repair job descriptions. Common construction work duties include using hand tools and power tools to shape and assemble materials. Repair job duties involve inspecting equipment, and repairing or replacing defective equipment or wiring.
- Education jobs usually involve working under the guidance of teachers to provide educational instructions to children, complete clerical tasks, and supervise the lunchroom or playground.
- Food Service and Lodging
- Food Service duties vary greatly depending upon the type of restaurant. Generally, the duties are taking customer orders, serving food and beverages, and preparing checks. Lodging jobs are located at hotels or motels. Duties include assisting guests by registering rooms and collecting payments.
- Health Care
- Health care jobs are located in hospitals, medical offices, and private homes. Health care duties may consist of maintaining medical records, assisting patients with personal care, and taking blood pressure. This category includes such occupations as Dental Assistant, Home Health Care Worker, Licensed Vocational Nurse, and Medical Records Technician.
- This group describes indoor production jobs that produce goods, assemble containers, operate filing or packing machines, or inspect products. Under this category you can find Hand Packers And Packagers and Sewing Machine Operators.
- Protective Services
- Protective service occupations may involve either indoor or outdoor work. Duties might include monitoring the conduct of prisoners, investigating alarms and disturbances, and patrolling property.
- Sales jobs generally involve selling merchandise. The duties may consist of helping customers with purchase decisions, totaling purchases, receiving payment, and making change.
- Service jobs comprise a wide range of non-production jobs that provide services to others. This category includes such occupations as Child Care Workers, Janitors, and Veterinary Assistants.
- Transportation and Outdoor
- This category combines a variety of outdoor jobs and transportation jobs. Job duties include driving trucks with a forklift or boom, loading and unloading trucks, collecting payments, or mowing lawns. Some of the job titles include Amusement and Recreation Attendant, Truck Driver, Laborer, and Driver/Sales Worker.